Welcome To CRAP Talks. London’s biggest Conversion Rate Optimisation, Analytics and Product meetup. No other meetup or conference brings together so many disciplines into one room – and if they do, they don’t do it with the same quality of speakers. Don’t let the CRAP acronym fool you. In reality we don’t just cover CRO, data analysis and product management, we also cover data science, marketing, User Experience (UX) and a whole bunch more, see our videos below for proof.
So what’s our secret? It’s simple really. We grind away to find the needles in the haystacks. The people who are still down in the trenches quietly innovating and doing impressive work. Those are the people we want to hear from. They may not be seasoned speakers, they may never have even spoken in public before, but we don’t care, they are the types of speakers we have speaking at our events and we work damn hard to find them!
- First Principles Thinking – If Elon Musk Did CRO - First Principles Thinking of Conversion Rate Optimisation Conversion rate optimisation 2020! It’s time to step up our thinking or should I say it’s time to break it down… into first principles. I recently agreed to do a talk at an event where I had the option of presenting my conversion optimisation talk from 2019 or […]
- What Is Conversion Rate Optimisation (CRO) - What is Conversion Rate Optimization (CRO) What Is A Conversion? Before we can answer what is conversion rate optimisation? We need to understand what a conversion is. Every website or app has a purpose, an action(s) or a task(s) that the website owner expects a user to complete. Depending on the nature of the website, […]
- Know Your Baseline Conversion Rate - Know Your Baseline Conversion Rate Baseline Conversion Rate Like with anything, if you want to improve a number, you need to have some understanding of what the baseline looks like. This could be your running time, weight or site speed. So of course, an improvement in conversion rate requires knowledge of the existing conversion rate. […]
- Future Leaders #1 - The first Future Leaders branch of the main roots CRAP Talks tree was held in the intimate basement setting of the modern Qubit offices in Covent Garden. The crowd here heralded not only from the three key clusters of this group across e-commerce, but from a variety of different industries, all curious to know the […]
- Please can we stop calling them soft skills - Review processes All the companies I’ve ever worked for have had some sort of a personal review process, usually an annual or bi-annual review. And though we dread the process, I’m sure most of us can see some value in it. It is a chance to reflect on ourselves and, if we’re (mis)fortunate enough to […]
CRAP Talks #16 – Dan Lee: "The Full Stack Analyst"
CRAP Talks #16 – Owen Kinsella & Jan Gananathan: "Marketing Spend: Is it driving us Incremental?"
CRAP Talks #15 – Bhavik Patel: "Dirty Experiments
- Experimenting on shoestring traffic/resources"
CRAP Talks #15 – Jess Percival: "A Day In The Life Of A Twitter Analyst"
CRAP Talks #15 – Holly Emblem: "Design Thinking For Data People"
CRAP Talks #14 – Phillip Law: "Beta be Better"
CRAP Talks #14 – Patrick Rodowicz: "Building The Lab"
CRAP Talks #14 – Ammar Jawad Doosh: "Human-centred AI"
CRAP Talks #14 – Michael Migliore: "AI and Customer Empathy"
CRAP Talks #13 - Caroline Clark: "Q:What Do You Call A Product Manager With Imposter Syndrome?"
CRAP Talks #13 - Tristan Burns: "Slicing The Data"
CRAP Talks #13 - Nuria Planell Morell: "Long Tails In Data, Where I Found Them and How To Manage"
CRAP Talks #13 - Manish Gajria: "Organising For Speed"
CRAP Talks #13 - Tom Law: "Global Englishes"
CRAP Talks #12 - Couch Tunes