Welcome To CRAP Talks. London’s biggest Conversion Rate Optimisation, Analytics and Product meetup. No other meetup or conference brings together so many disciplines into one room – and if they do, they don’t do it with the same quality of speakers. Don’t let the CRAP acronym fool you. In reality we don’t just cover CRO, data analysis and product management, we also cover data science, marketing, User Experience (UX) and a whole bunch more, see our videos below for proof.
So what’s our secret? It’s simple really. We grind away to find the needles in the haystacks. The people who are still down in the trenches quietly innovating and doing impressive work. Those are the people we want to hear from. They may not be seasoned speakers, they may never have even spoken in public before, but we don’t care, they are the types of speakers we have speaking at our events and we work damn hard to find them!
- The Importance Of Centralising Experiments - AB Testing Programme Management For Free Before I begin, let me clarify two things. 1) this post is not sponsored and 2) the tool (Illuminate) really is 100% free. I am writing this post for no reason other than the fact that Illuminate helped us solve a genuine problem (for free). A problem I’m sure many […]
- Using Data To Become An Agile Analytics Team - How we used Actionable Agile to improve our workflow by 30% Back in March this year (2021), I set out to understand whether my team’s JIRA board was as efficient as it could have been. I reached out to one of the Agile coaches at work for help (Hi Zara). What followed was a journey down […]
- Focus on meaningful experiences, not on meaningless swag - The rise of superficial (and environmentally unfriendly) swag At some point over the last few years, we normalised obnoxious social media posts from companies and new employees flaunting onboarding goodies. With each new post, the swag has become more and more extravagant with companies trying to one-up each other on just how wasteful they can […]
- Why we moved away from Conversion Rate as a primary metric - The impact of violating assumptions of independence on AB Tests and changing the primary metric for your company Changing the primary metric for any company is not a straightforward thing to do. Why you may ask? There are dozens of reasons but here are some of the ones that come to my mind: The company […]
- My 5 P’s Model For New Managers - A simple framework for new (and old) managers to assess their team’s motivation and satisfaction levels. Photo by Alejandro Piñero Amerio on Unsplash Over the years I’ve observed a fundamental flaw in the workplace — There is zero support for new managers to develop the skills needed to effectively manage a team. Companies often promote great […]
Past Talks (Subscribe to our YouTube Channel)